Make an impact on your community, consider taking a walk in your neighborhood to specifically pray for your neighbors and those who interact in your community.
Here are some ways you can pray, you can pray quietly or silently, God hears our prayers:
1. Take someone with you, “For where two or three gather in my name, there I am with them.” Matthew 18:20 NIV
2. Pray that God would give you His “eyes” to see the community the way he does. Ask God to reveal to you how to pray for your neighbor, your local school, the barista at starbucks, the checker at your grocery store.
3. Pray for the Holy Spirit to be present on your walk. Spend time praying silently, spend time listening for God to speak. Psalm 46:10, “Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”
4. Pray for the homes you walk by; the children you see playing in the street; and pray for your community school and all the teachers and staff as well as the children that attend. Pray for God to meet their needs and for the Holy spirit to stir their hearts to desire to know God.
5. Pray for God’s blessing on your street and in your neighborhood. Pray for his provision and unending love to touch everyone. Pray asking God to use you as a blessing to share his love with others.
Share any God sightings from your walk by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will all be encouraged by the work God is doing.