A special update on our FRESH START Campaign (May 2018-May 2021)
Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered. (Proverbs 11:25)
Open-hearted giving delights the Lord, and when we find our purpose and joy in conforming to Christ’s image, we discover that it becomes easier to give generously. Generosity doesn’t come from our excess; it comes from sacrificial hearts. Back in the spring of 2018, each of us—either as individual members or families—were challenged to go above and beyond our “normal” giving in support of the Fresh Start campaign. The primary objectives of the campaign were to enable CPC to complete the disaffiliation process from PC(USA) and make critical building repairs. This will prepare our facility for the next season of ministry. To accept the challenge would be a test of faith, an act of sacrificial generosity, and a demonstration of obedience. The rewards, however, would far exceed the costs. As Proverbs 22:9 says, “Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor” And because of your generosity, CPC and our community have truly been blessed!
Those who participated in the Fresh Start challenge pledged $2,010,322 over three years through May 2021. As of May 30, 2020, CPC has received $1,580,900, with $429,421 remaining.
To date, your pledges have supported:
- Disaffiliation from PC(USA)
- Expansion of the Weekend Food Project for London Towne Elementary School (LTES) through 2021
- Funding Mountain View Scholarships through 2021
- London Town English Class funding 2020
- WCFM donations receptacle at CPC’s front Door
- Driveway and parking lot repairs
- A new roof for the building
- Interior renovations including redecorating the Worship Center, updating the Children’s Ministry area and all of the church hallways, and replacing the projection system
- The Lamb Center boxed lunches to meet COVID-19 Standards in food handling
Looking ahead into 2021, we plan to use Fresh Start funds to:
- Complete a toddler playground
- Begin the plan for a church plant
- Install a Live Stream system to enable digital discipleship and extend our outreach into the community
- Update the lobby with technology kiosks for Children’s Ministry and a Guest Information Center
- Install a coffee station in the lobby to enrich the fellowship experience
- Provide emergency food for vulnerable people in our community (working with the Centreville Labor Resource Center to deliver weekly meals)
- Explore new avenues to serve local families in need such as online mentoring, internet assistance, and supporting school staff
Your faithful giving in support of Fresh Start has not gone unnoticed. Not only is it impacting and changing lives, but it’s also pleasing to God because it fulfills the law of Christ to “love the Lord with all of your heart, soul, mind, and strength, and to love your neighbor as yourselves.”
For this, we give glory to God and extend our sincerest thanks to you for abundantly blessing CPC and our community.
We are so excited for the next step in our ministry,
Pastors Rob and Aaron
Centreville Presbyterian Church
Interested in the Fresh Start Blog Post history? Check HERE.