CPC partners with International Justice Mission (IJM) to fulfill scriptures call to “seek justice, rescue the oppressed, defend the orphan and plead for the widow.” (Isaiah 1:17)
IJM seeks to make public justice systems work for victims of abuse and oppression who urgently need the protection of the law. They bring rescue and restoration to victims of slavery, human trafficking, illegal home seizures, and other forms of violent oppression.
IJM At A Glance
- Established in 1997
- 16 field offices, located in Bolivia, Guatemala, India, Cambodia, the Philippines, Thailand, Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda and Zambia
- 2 casework alliance offices, located in Ecuador and Honduras
- Headquartered in Washington, DC
- Partner offices in Canada, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK
- More than 500 staff (approximately 95% are nationals of the countries in which they work)
- Highlighted by U.S. News and World Report as one of 10 non-profits “making a difference,” the work of IJM’s global team of lawyers, investigators and aftercare professionals has been featured by The New York Times, Foreign Affairs, National Public Radio and CNN, among many other outlets.
IJM’s CEO and Founder, Gary Haugen, recently published a new book, The Locust Effect. This volume articulates the need to end violence in order to end poverty. He and co-author Victor Haugen bring decades of experience into the writing of The Locust Effect. They have witnessed repeatedly how violence demolishes efforts to help people and communities move out of poverty. True stories and abundant statistics fill the book. Learn more about this issue by reading the book and by visiting the Locust Effect website. All proceeds from the book go toward the mission of justice!
Watch this 3-minute video to learn more about the Locust Effect of violence on the poor….
Another success story from IJM! CNN report of children freed from brick kiln bondage.
Please hold IJM attorneys, after-care counselors, and case workers in your prayers.
To learn more about the International Justice Mission, please visit their the IJM website.
Connecting and caring for our mission partners takes our whole church family. Our love for God becomes visible as we walk alongside neighbors, near and far. Come and be active with missions. We seek to love others and further His mercy and justice to “the least of these”. Yet amidst...
Are you passionate about the needs of children? Do the needs of the homeless touch your heart? If you are burdened by these needs in our community, please join us to plan and pray for CPC’s mission partners addressing these concerns. The 2nd Quarter meeting for the Impact Areas: Families & Children...
Thank you!! Through your generosity, the 2013 Advent Conspiracy raised $19,045! We will distribute these funds equally among our mission partners who seek justice in the name of Jesus. CPC walks closely with ministries who reach out amidst violence and depravity in Guatemala (Redeemer’s House), the losses of orphans and widows...