This summer, our middle school students will spend their mission week serving our local community.
One of their ministry days will be with the the DC Diaper Bank. Modeled after diaper banks in other cities, the DC Diaper Bank provides diapers to social service organizations for distribution as needed.
The DC Diaper Bank notes that…
- Families that are not able to afford an adequate supply of clean diapers often must leave their babies in a single diaper all day, which can result in diaper rash and other detrimental health issues.
- The pain that a parent or caregiver feels at not being able to meet their children’s basic needs adds stress and tension to the already difficult task of parenting.
- Babies exposed to stressful environments for long periods of time are affected negatively both emotionally and physically.
- Excessive crying, often the result of diaper rash or discomfort, is the number one cause of child abuse.
- Nonprofits working with families and individuals consistently list diapers as an ongoing and high priority need. Despite this need, government food subsidies do not cover the cost of diapers or other hygienic supplies.
We are now collecting diapers for the DC Diaper Bank! Our middle school mission team will take them to the warehouse when they serve in July.
Every diaper counts! DC Diaper Bank accepts new, clean, disposable diapers of any size. Donate the diapers your child has outgrown or pick up an extra pack at the store. Donations can be dropped off in the blue bin in the church lobby.
Diapers are needed by July 13!! Help the middle school mission team take LOTS of diapers to the DC bank!